This rosemary lime martini is a wonderful cocktail to take you into fall. It has only three ingredients, but it’s full of flavor.
The rosemary in this martini has an earthy aroma that is set off so nicely by the citrus of the lime.
This rosemary lime martini recipe calls for rosemary simple syrup, which you’ll need to make ahead of time, so that it has a chance to cool.
Rosemary syrup is really easy to make…just combine 1 and 1/2 cups water, 1 and 1/2 cups sugar, 5 or 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary, and heat it all on the stove just until boiling, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Then remove from heat and let the rosemary sprigs steep for about 20 minutes.Then remove the rosemary, strain the syrup, and store your rosemary simple syrup covered in the fridge for up to two months. You’ll be so glad you have this on hand, not only for this rosemary lime martini, but for other cocktails as well!
I highly recommend adding a lime wedge and rosemary sprig for garnishes…not only are they pleasing to the eye, but I think that the scent from the rosemary while drinking this martini enhances the rosemary flavor of the drink.
Here’s the recipe for Rosemary Lime Martini:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (juice from 1 medium lime)
- 1 ounce cooled rosemary simple syrup (To make the rosemary simple syrup ahead of time, combine 1 and ½ cups water, 1 and ½ cups sugar, and 5 to 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary in saucepan and bring just to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let rosemary sprigs steep in liquid for 20 minutes. Then strain syrup and discard rosemary sprigs. Store strained syrup covered in refrigerator for up to two months).
- Crushed ice for shaker
- Garnish: lime wedge and sprig of rosemary
- Place martini glass in freezer.
- Place crushed ice in shaker.
- Add vodka, lime juice, and rosemary simple syrup to ice in shaker.
- Cover and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pull glass from freezer and strain shaken liquid into glass.
- Add lime wedge and rosemary sprig for garnish.
- Sip and enjoy!
This week I am linking up with Tipsy Tuesday @ Grey is the New Black