I’ve probably made this Keto Carrot Orange Yogurt Dessert bowl a dozen times over the last couple of months. Why so often?
Because it tastes amazing, can be made in five minutes, is relatively low carb, and it only requires one bowl, which is the same bowl you’ll eat from!
Oh yes, and this Keto Carrot Orange Yogurt Dessert has only six ingredients: plain yogurt, cream cheese, sugar-free orange marmalade, a small carrot (about 3 oz.), Swerve sweetener or other sugar substitute of your choice, and triple-sec liqueur. The triple-sec is optional, but really amps up the orange flavor. Instead of triple-sec, you can substitute a smaller amount of orange extract, which also reduces the net carb count of this recipe by about 5.
The first step is to slice up the cleaned raw carrot into medium pieces, then place into the microwave safe bowl in which you plan to eat this Keto Carrot Orange Yogurt Dessert in its final form. Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the carrot….
…then cover with plastic and microwave until the carrot pieces are al dente, i.e. toothsome but not mushy. My microwave does the job on high in 2 minutes or less. Let the carrot steam for another minute, then carefully remove the plastic and pour off any water that did not evaporate.
Now it’s time to smash those cooked carrot pieces with a fork. At least to me, these smashed carrot pieces seem to take on the texture of orange segments when incorporated into the rest of the ingredients. Oddly, their added bulk and toothsome quality really enhance this dessert.
To the smashed carrots, it’s now time to add the rest of the ingredients. The carrots and bowl will still be warm, but I prefer that, because I always add the cream cheese first, so as to help it soften a bit, and then I dump everything else in. Don’t skimp on the marmalade, because you want the orange flavors to shine in this Keto Carrot Orange Yogurt Dessert. I used Smucker’s Sugar Free Orange Marmalade because it’s the best sugar-free jam I’ve been able to find. (I taste-tested it against the Polaner Sugar Free Marmalade and the Smucker’s won hands down.) Then mix everything in the bowl…
…and serve! For these photos, I cleaned up the edge of the bowl a bit with a paper towel, and then added a pretty edible pansy.
Having eaten this Keto Carrot Orange Yogurt Dessert over the last two months for breakfast, lunch, or as a late-night snack, I can tell you that it never disappoints. The calories clock in at less than 300, which amazes me, considering how rich, creamy, and satisfying this dessert bowl is, with right around 20 total net carbs. Again, if you substitute orange extract for the triple-sec, then the total net carbs should be closer to 15. The following printable recipe for Keto Carrot Orange Yogurt Dessert is for a single serving:
- ½ cup plain yogurt (I prefer full fat Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (I prefer full fat cream cheese)
- 1 small raw carrot (about 3 ounces), cleaned
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free marmalade (I prefer Smucker's brand)
- 1 tablespoon Swerve (or 2 tablespoons granulated stevia), or other sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon triple-sec liqueur (or substitute 1 teaspoon orange extract)
- Cut carrot into quarter-inch slices and place in microwave safe bowl large enough to add other ingredients later.
- Add 2 tablespoons water to carrot, then cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high until al dente, about 2 minutes. Let carrot steam covered for another minute.
- Carefully remove plastic and smash carrot pieces with fork until desired texture. I like to keep the carrot rather chunky.
- To the smashed carrot, add the cream cheese and stir until softened some.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Adjust sweetness as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you love eating orange-flavored foods? You also might dig my Gluten Free Orange Tart, Orange Margarita, and Low Carb Orange Cheesecake Tarts.
*Please note that all opinions are mine alone, and that I received no samples, payments, or financial incentives from Smucker’s, Walmart, Powerful Yogurt, Swerve, McCormick, or Hiram Walker, their affiliates or any other person or entity for comments or links in this article.