It’s Day 1 of Ginger Wroot’s Beauty Week! I’ve been wanting to post a Beauty Week series for quite some time, so I could tell you about some of my favorite beauty products and tips!
L’Oreal’s Root Cover Up is a spray-on temporary hair dye that I found a few months ago, and I’m very impressed by this product. L’Oreal Root Cover Up will wash out completely the next time that you shampoo your hair, but I’ve found that it won’t run or come off during a sweaty workout. L’Oreal Root Cover Up comes in six colors: Light to Medium Blonde, Dark Blonde, Red, Light to Medium Brown, Dark Brown, and Black. For me the Ginger? The Dark Blonde works perfectly.
For going-gray gals (and yes, going-gray guys!), this a marvelous product to use when you need or want to delay the time and expense of a full-blown permanent hair dyeing session. My gray hairs only come in at the hair line, right above and around my ears, which makes them really noticeable, since they’re close to my face. Before I found L’Oreal Root Cover Up, I had been using No Gray Quick Fix, which I favorably reviewed last year in this post. But I like L’Oreal Root Cover Up even more, because it’s faster, and looks and feels more natural. I can literally touch up my roots in about 12 seconds. Another plus? It has no offensive odor.
Here are a few tips for when using L’Oreal Root Cover Up:
- Don’t hold the canister too close to the gray area you want to cover while spraying so that you’ll get a more natural effect.
- When spraying, quickly move the canister around just a little to get a more natural effect.
- Because L’Oreal Root Cover Up understandably does not go on as accurately as the No Gray Quick Fix, you might occasionally get a bit of the sprayed dye where you don’t want it, such as on the skin at the edge of your face or on your ears. This really isn’t a big deal, since this temporary dye is washable and won’t stain. Try applying it to your hair after you’ve washed your face but before you apply your makeup and get dressed. If some spray gets on my ears, I just use a damp washcloth or QTIP to gently wipe off any sprayed hair dye that might be there. Easy!
- Try combing through the hair immediately after spraying…although, honestly, I’m not sure if it makes any difference!
- The instructions on the back of the canister recommend to spray partly through the rest of your hair. For me at least, I see no reason to do this, because the newly sprayed gray area looks so natural.
- You might need to use a color of L’Oreal Root Cover Up that is slightly darker than your non-gray hair, so as to compensate for the underlying white or gray hair that you’re spraying.
You can find L’Oreal Root Cover Up at just about all grocery stores and drugstores. I paid about ten dollars for this bottle. Considering that L’Oreal Root Cover Up allows me to delay using a permanent hair dye by two to three weeks, that’s not a bad deal. Again, if you spray it just on your gray roots and don’t have to spray throughout the rest of your hair, then a canister should last you quite a while.
I highly recommend L’Oreal Root Cover Up and I’m awarding it 5 stars out 5.
Be sure to come by tomorrow for Day 2 of Ginger Wroot’s Beauty Week!
All of my opinions are independent and unbiased, and I received no samples, payments, or financial incentives from L’Oreal or any other company for this review.
This week I am linking up with Classy Monday Blog Link Up @Elegantly Fashionable On Trend Tuesdays Linkup@Sandy a la Mode Mingle Monday Blog Link-Up @Life of Meg WIWT@TheRedClosetDiary Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Link Party@Katherines Corner Stylish Linkup @Northwest Blonde Style Perspectives Link-Up @Living on Cloud Nine Friday Favorites @ Life in Leggings Dream Create Inspire Link @Simple Nature Decor Thriving on Thursdays Linky Party @Domesblissity Linky Party Palooza @I Heart Nap Time DIY and Recipes Party @The 36th Avenue Clever Chicks Blog Hop @The Chicken Chick Worthwhile Wednesday @Crafty Allie Friday Favorites @ Life in Leggings What’s Cookin’ Wednesday @Buns in my Oven MMM @Healthy Diva Life Totally Terrific Tuesday @ Live Randomly Simple The Wednesday Round Up @ Love, Pasta and a Toolbelt Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party @ Designs by Miss Mandee Fabulous Party @Lou Lou Girls Sunday Linky @The Lazy Gastronome Over the Moon Link Party @Marilyn’s Treats Foodie FriDIY@A Dish of Daily Life Funtastic Friday @Olives & Okra Party Time! @ Live Laugh Rowe