I actually shot the photos for these fabulous Frozen Watermelon Tequila Spritzers back in September. Aaaaand, yes, I know it’s almost November and that these days most folks are posting about hearty soups, pumpkin desserts, and hot cocoa.
But I can still rationalize posting about these Frozen Watermelon Tequila Spritzers because (1) variety is the spice life, right? (2) watermelons, especially those cute mini melons that can be grown year round, are easier than ever to find in groceries, even in the middle of winter and (3) honestly, can you ever really go wrong with a kick-butt frosty, fruity, fizzy cocktail no matter the time of year? I rest my case, dear reader.
I tried making this cocktail the first time with refrigerated but unfrozen watermelon, and then the next time, I made it with watermelon cut up into chunks and frozen for a couple of hours. Using the frozen watermelon made this fizzy cocktail waaay better. It takes a bit more planning to give the watermelon chunks time to freeze, but I think it’s worth the wait.
Please be sure not to add the seltzer or tonic water to the blender or food processor; otherwise, you might have a fizzy overflowing mess on your hands. Simply add the seltzer or tonic to the blended watermelon in the glass and stir gently. Here’s the recipe to make two Frozen Watermelon Tequila Spritzers:
- 1 and ½ cups frozen watermelon chunks
- juice of lime (about 1 ounce)
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of agave syrup or simple syrup, more or less depending on sweetness of fruit
- ½ to ¾ cup seltzer water or tonic water
- Garnish: salt for rimming glasses and lime wedges
- Place two serving glasses in freezer.
- Place frozen watermelon chunks, lime juice, tequila and agave or simple syrup in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pull glasses out of freezer and dip rims in water (or lime juice) and then in salt.
- Pour watermelon blended mixture into prepared glasses.
- Add seltzer or tonic water and carefully stir.
- Add lime wedge to edge of each glass and serve.
*I received no samples, payments, or financial incentives from Dulcinea or any food board or industry for comments or links in this article.
This week I am linking up with Dream Create Inspire Link @Simple Nature Decor Thriving on Thursdays Linky Party @Domesblissity Linky Party Palooza@I Heart Nap Time DIY and Recipes Party @The 36th Avenue Clever Chicks Blog Hop @The Chicken Chick Worthwhile Wednesday @Crafty Allie Friday Favorites @ Life in Leggings What’s Cookin’ Wednesday @Buns in my Oven MMM @Healthy Diva Life Totally Terrific Tuesday @ Live Randomly Simple The Wednesday Round Up @ Love, Pasta and a Toolbelt Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party @ Designs by Miss Mandee Fabulous Party @Lou Lou Girls Sunday Linky @The Lazy Gastronome Over the Moon Link Party @Marilyn’s Treats Foodie FriDIY@A Dish of Daily Life Funtastic Friday @Olives & Okra Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop @Katherines Corner Party Time! @ Live Laugh Rowe