If you and this cocktail haven’t been fortunate enough to meet yet, let me introduce you to the fabulous Frozen Peach Margarita.
Peaches still abound this time of year, and, at least in these parts, it’s still sweltering hot, so a cocktail that’s totally peachy, totally chilling, and totally delicious makes total sense, don’t you totally think? (no more totals in this post, I promise…)
To get the pretty orangey color with those tiny bright reddish flecks in this cocktail, just cut up a peach and freeze it, but be sure to leave the peel on.
There are just four ingredients in this Frozen Peach Margarita: an unpeeled frozen peach, lime juice, tequila, and agave syrup. If you don’t have agave, you can substitute simple syrup, or even regular table sugar. Adjust the sweetener to your taste and depending on the sweetness of your peach.
I rimmed the glass with yellow decorating sugar and loved the striking effect…I think that rimming with pink, orange, or a combination would be pretty too! You easily can find decorative colored sugar crystals like these and these in the baking section of your grocery or online.
How does this Frozen Peach Margarita taste? It’s fruity from the peach, tangy from the lime, sweet from the agave, and rockin’ from the tequila.
Tip: when you put the cut-up peach in the freezer, go ahead and put your glass in there too. Then, when you’re ready to make your Frozen Peach Margarita, your glass will be frosty and ready too! Here’s the recipe:
- One unpeeled peach, cut up and frozen for at least two hours
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce agave syrup or to taste (can substitute simple syrup or white table sugar for the agave syrup)
- One glass placed in freezer for at least ten minutes
- Optional: colored decorating sugar and extra lime juice for rimming the glass
- For the optional sugared glass rim, to one small saucer, add some lime juice and/or water. To another small saucer, add some of the colored decorating sugar. Dip the rim of serving glass in the first saucer of liquid, then in the second saucer of the decorating sugar until the glass rim is well coated, then set aside.
- For the drink, in a blender combine the frozen peach slices, the tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, and agave (or other sweetener), and blend until smooth. Test for sweetness, adding more sweetener or lime juice to taste.
- Pour into prepared glass and enjoy.
- Serves one, and recipe can easily be doubled.
This week I am linking up with Dream Create Inspire Link @Simple Nature Decor Thriving on Thursdays Linky Party @Domesblissity Linky Party Palooza@I Heart Nap Time DIY and Recipes Party @The 36th Avenue Clever Chicks Blog Hop @The Chicken Chick Worthwhile Wednesday @Crafty Allie Friday Favorites @ Life in Leggings What’s Cookin’ Wednesday @Buns in my Oven Tipsy Tuesday @Grey is the New Black MMM @Healthy Diva Life Totally Terrific Tuesday @ Live Randomly Simple The Wednesday Round Up @ Love, Pasta and a Toolbelt Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party @ Designs by Miss Mandee Fabulous Party @Lou Lou Girls Sunday Linky @The Lazy Gastronome Over the Moon Link Party @Marilyn’s Treats Foodie FriDIY@A Dish of Daily Life Funtastic Friday @Olives & Okra Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop @Katherines Corner Party Time! @ Live Laugh Rowe