The Christmas holidays are a time of reflection for me, which sometimes means asking myself some tough questions. Here are my five Christmas questions this year:
1. Am I the only one who takes the ugliest “adorable” ornaments handmade by her children’s precious little hands and hangs them on the side of the Christmas tree facing the back corner or wall?
2. Am I the only one who says that she eats a low carb diet, but then stocks up at Christmastime by buying a case of eggnog, because, you know, they only sell it a couple of months out of the year?
3. Am I the only one who secretly rolls her eyes and wishes that the Little Drummer Boy would please just stop singing, beating his drum, and generally, just hush?
4. Am I the only one who really digs flocked (white) Christmas trees but won’t buy one because pretty much everyone she knows thinks that white Christmas trees are gauche (tacky)?
5. Am I the only one who while Christmas shopping online, has to call someone on the phone because the shopping cart checkout page on the website won’t give that effing ten percent discount that she’s entitled to, and while on the phone, she creepily tries to engage the sales rep and find out where they are in the United States, or the world, and what the weather’s like there, and, “what time zone is that, by the way”…?
This week I am linking up with Link Love @Running with Spoons Weekend Potlucks @The Country Cook Friday Favorites @ Life in Leggings What’s Cookin’ Wednesday @Buns in my Oven Tipsy Tuesday @Grey is the New Black MMM @Healthy Diva Life Totally Terrific Tuesday @ Live Randomly Simple The Wednesday Round Up @ Love, Pasta and a Toolbelt Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party @ Designs by Miss Mandee