Cucumber jalapeno margaritas: now this was a fun recipe to make, test and shoot!
The cool and refreshing taste of cucumber combines with the subtle green spiciness of jalapenos for a truly memorable margarita.
Simply puree the cucumbers in a food processor until smooth, run the pureed cucumber through a sieve, and then combine the cucumber juice with simple syrup, lime juice, tequila, and some sliced jalapenos in a pretty pitcher. As I mentioned in another post, don’t bother with the orange liqueur–you don’t need it and I think it actually detracts. I let this brew in the fridge, tasting every 15 minutes or so….it was spicy enough for me after 30 minutes.
These cucumber jalapeno margaritas screamed to be accompanied by nachos, and I was more than happy to comply.
Nachos and margaritas are a match made in heaven, in my book…
The Ginger’s dog Daisy was hoping for a little something too…this recipe was inspired in part by A Cozy Kitchen: notice the dog there too? I know, right?!! Do margaritas mysteriously attract adorable snouts or what?
The wannabe margarita dog…or maybe it’s the wannabe nacho dog…
I really hope that you’ll try these cucumber jalapeno margaritas. They’re unique, but the common ingredients make them easy to make, and the flavors truly complement each other.
Here’s the recipe:
- About 1 and ½ pounds of peeled cucumbers, roughly chopped (about three medium cucumbers)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 to 4 limes)
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ cup simple syrup, plus more if you want it sweeter
- 1 large or 2 small jalapenos
- Salt for glass rims, and lime zest, if desired, for garnish.
- Place glasses in freezer.
- Place peeled and chopped cucumbers in food processor and process until smooth
- Run pureed cucumber through sieve, and discard pulp--you should have between 1 and ½ cup and 2 cups of cucumber juice.
- Combine cucumber juice with lime juice, tequila, and simple syrup in the pitcher you will serve from.
- Slice a jalapeno and stir the slices into the pitcher.
- Cover and refrigerate. Start testing every 15 minutes until desired spiciness, up to an hour.
- In one saucer, place some lime juice or water and in another saucer place some salt and lime zest, if desired.
- Pull glasses from freezer and dip rims in water or lime juice, then dip rims in salt and zest.
- Serve cucumber jalapeno margaritas in the prepared glasses.
I am linking up with Tipsy Tuesday @ Grey is the New Black